by Gabriel Constans
You’ll feel a little nutty after you swig down this concoction loaded with minerals, protein, and iron.
Yield: 5 cups
2 large ripe bananas
2 cups filtered water
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 cup orange juice
1 cup fruit punch
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans, cashews, or walnuts
1/4 cup pine (or pignoli) nuts
Place all the ingredients in a blender, and mix on medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes.
Pour into any size cup and let your self go.
From Luscious Chocolate Smoothies: An Irresisitible Collection of Healthy Cocoa Delights.
By Gabriel Constans
Enjoy this lively recipe from my book of chocolate smoothies.
The Naked Truth
Yields 6 Cups
- 2 cups plain soy, rice or almond milk
- 11 12-ounce package soft silken tofu
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy, rice or ice cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons brandy
1. Place all ingredients, except brandy, in a blender and mix on high for about 2 minutes; add brandy and blend for 10 seconds more.
2. Pour into tumblers or wide-mouthed glasses and drink with the goddess..
per cup: Calories 406; Protein 10 g; Total Fat 26 g; Saturated Fat 8 g; Carbohydrate 32 g; Cholesterol 8 mg
Find more recipes, humor, chocolate facts and stories at Luscious Chocolate Smoothies.
Read one of the many reviews at Five Healthy Recipes.